Recent improvements to the Home Equity Conversion Mortgage - or HECM - program have made an already great option even better!
HECM for Purchase
- In 2009, FHA introduced the Reverse Mortgage for Home Purchase Program.
- Financial advisors are now including the HECM Reverse Mortgage program among the viable options to provide clients 62 years or older with flexibility and security in their retirement planning.
- Viewpoint Financial and Hudson Realty have over 17 years of industry expertise in assisting senior clients in securing their futures with reverse mortgages.
- Only one spouse has to be 62 or older, and the other spouse will be entitled to the same protections as the original borrower.
- The premium amounts for both the initial and the annual FHA Mortgage Insurance have been substantially reduced.
- In fact, all fees associated with the HECM Reverse Mortgage program have been substantially reduced, making a great program even better.
- Some applicants may qualify for the new fixed rate HECM loan program.
- All HECM loans are insured by the FHA, and the proceeds from a HECM loan are income tax free.